From the year 2016 when players like Facebook and Google launched their own chatbot-powered platforms, chatbots have come to be adopted in various industries and domains. Powered by technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (or NLP), chatbots are revolutionizing the overall quality of customer service.
As an example, chatbots in the real estate sector are transforming the way we go about purchasing, selling, or renting home properties.
How are the best of real estate chatbots the answer to the growth of the real estate industry in this digital age? We shall discuss some of the benefits along with how to design a real estate chatbot using the Dialogflow AI technology in the next few sections.
Why is it Important to Have a Chatbot in Real Estate?
Be it through text or voice mediums, chatbots are making their mark in the realm of real estate customer service. When it comes to real estate marketing, an increasing number of consumers prefer to communicate or get real-time answers to their queries from chatbots or messaging apps.
This is driven by an industry trend that 56% of home buyers (who use the Internet to look for properties) are below the age of 36.
Why should any real estate business invest in chatbot technology? Here are the leading reasons why:
- Thanks to its 24/7 availability, chatbots can help in lead generation by improving the number of real estate sales leads, while at the same time, provide qualified answers to customer queries.
- Through the use of natural language processing, your real estate AI bot can determine and qualify what your potential customer wants without any human intervention.
- Potential customers, who are too busy to visit the actual property, can be guided through a 360-degree virtual tour of the property by the real estate chatbot.
- Save business cost and time by automating processes like lead generation, customer query resolution, property viewings, and new client onboarding.
- Maintain a log of customer conversation data for a better understanding of their needs and queries, thus improving customer service and client follow-ups.
Now that we know the importance of chatbots, next we shall learn how a chatbot using the Dialogflow AI technology works and how it differs from other chatbots.
What is a Dialogflow Chatbot and what are its benefits?
Primarily, chatbots can be classified under the following two types:
- Rule-based chatbots, which as the name suggests, are powered by defined rules for delivering solutions for problems that the chatbot is familiar with. For example, a user looking for a particular business phone number or email address. Similar to being implemented as a flowchart, the entire business-customer interaction is mapped to anticipate what the customer may ask and how the chatbot should respond to the query.
- AI-based chatbots, that make use of technologies like machine learning and NLP to formulate a response that is based on the overall context and understanding of the customer query. Through continuous learning and improvement, AI-based chatbots are more flexible in their responses to even complicated questions. An example of a real estate chatbot powered by AI would be to suggest a home buying checklist for a first-time buyer.
Powered by AI and machine learning, the Dialogflow real estate chatbot can be deployed to communicate through voice and text-based interaction with website and smartphone users.
Previously known as Speaktoit and Api.ai, Google Dialogflow is a user-friendly tool that can be used to build human-computer interaction using natural language processing.
A Google Dialogflow chatbot presents multiple benefits for businesses such as:
- A cloud-powered platform that allows the business to scale up its chatbot users.
- Optimized to be used with Google Assistant devices along with other platforms like Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger.
- Capable of natural language processing to be able to understand and respond to user queries in natural languages.
- Optimized to be used for multiple user devices including computers, smartphones, wearable devices, and smart cars.
- Supports over 20 international languages including English, French, and Spanish.
Similarly, the Dialogflow tool can be used to build chatbots that can benefit home seekers and property agents in the real estate sector in multiple ways including:
- Help home seekers find the right property based on their requirements.
- Connect property seekers with the right property agent who can fulfill their needs.
- Quicken the property buying or renting process by answering common property-related queries from buyers.
- Interact with home seekers in natural human language seamlessly over various social networking platforms like Facebook.
- Reach out with real estate-related services to a wider customer base located in different geographical locations.
Now that we know the benefits of the Dialogflow tool, let’s discuss how this chatbot tool works.
How does the Dialogflow Chatbot work?
Here is how you can design a chatbot using Dialogflow AI technology and how it works:
Let’s look at each of the components of this Dialogflow chatbot:
Qualifies for any human user or customer interacting with the business through chatbots.
Represents the mode of communication of the user with the chatbot. Text-based communication qualifies for instances when the user interacts with the chatbot through text messages on the messaging window. Voice-based communication qualifies for any instance when the user speaks using natural language with the chatbot.
The chatbot platform used to process user input.
A Dialogflow module that uses NLP technology to understand the user request and provide an appropriate response or take suitable action. In other words, the agent converts the user request into actionable data.
A programmable code that determines what the user wants from the chatbot system. The intent code is configurable by chatbot developers and can group different user expressions (in natural language) that basically means the same thing. An example of a real estate chatbot intent would be expressions such as, “What is the apartment rent being charged?” or “How much rent is the owner expecting?” or “What is the current rent for this property?”
The programmable code used to deliver the user request from the chatbot and return an appropriate response back to the user. For any chatbot using Dialogflow AI, its primary objective is to provide or fulfill the user’s intent with an accurate response.
Next, let’s look at the steps associated with a real estate chatbot template using the Dialogflow platform:
- Set up a Dialogflow account on their website by logging in with your Gmail address.
- The next step is to create an agent (with the name, “EstateBot”) by clicking the “Create Agent” button.
- The next step is to create the right response to the intents. You can either create a new intent (along with the appropriate response) or configure responses to the prebuilt intents like the “Default Welcome Intent.” For example, your response for the default welcome intent could be “Hello! I am EstateBot. How can I help you today?”
Alternatively, for responses, you can use any of the prebuilt user expressions like “just going to say hi” or “hi there.”
- The final step is to publish the chatbot using the “Integration” feature of Dialogflow. Here, you can experience how the functional chatbot would work for your real estate business.
This is the standard model of implementing a chatbot using the Dialogflow AI tool. However, if you are looking for an advanced and customized chatbot solution using Dialogflow, Countants can help you out. Here’s a Countants case study based on the Dialogflow solution.
Based on technologies like natural language processing and machine learning, here is a Countants case study for a Dialogflow chatbot implementation.
Shown above is the complete architecture of the Dialogflow solution for implementing a natural language-based querying engine using Dialogflow and Google BigQuery. With this architecture, a customized API engine receives user inputs (in natural language) and transmit them to the Dialogflow model for entity sorting. It does this by mapping each entity to a complex query template that sorts the entity and delivers the right response.
Be it for customer service or business marketing, chatbots are here to stay and elevate any customer interaction with the business. Powered by artificial intelligence and cloud technology, the Google Dialogflow tool has further simplified the creation of intelligent chatbots.
With its technical knowledge of AI and other deep learning technologies, Countants has enabled the implementation of chatbots for its global clients. Be it for the eCommerce or the real estate sector, Countants has delivered customized chatbot solutions that are suited for specific business needs.
Looking for the right partner for implementing a complete Dialogflow chatbot solution? Reach out to us now or download our “Dialogflow Chatbots for Real Estate Industry” marketing collateral